Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Benevolently Letting Others Gawk

Patience BRO, I said to myself...

It's been a decent last 10 days or so since I raced on the 4th of July.  The foot seems to be healing but is still THERE (which is good, because I need it).  No, the oddly tight and little tender top of the foot is still THERE.  I can still run and put miles in with no discomfort, but after runs it gets a little iffy.  I'm working through it slowly and starting to ramp back up this last week.  SWEET.  Tad bit of mental mojo coming back too.  Double days, calories for miles, getting lean....Even good runs after injury symptoms feel doubtful and non-satisfying sometimes though, so it's good to have some fire back. 

Life in the Hammer Nutrition lane is going really well.  I'm loving the products and even more I'm loving the people I'm connecting with that I get to share these products WITH.  There's nothing like getting to be a part of the very beginning of people's running/athlete lives as they find themselves and latch onto the fire that they see burning in others around them.  It's intoxicating!  It's refreshing.  It's amazing.  It's good to remember what it was like when everything was new, and it's even more important to seek out that energy in yourself again.  New and REnew, err'day. 

Life in the kiddos lane is CUTE.  It's just straight up TOO cute to handle most days.  My man-ovaries are dying lately.  Exploding.  "Ess-pwoding", as my daughter would say.  These kids know more about running, exercise, and being active on a daily basis than I ever did at their age, I love that.  I love that they are into it and inquisitive and they see it around them everyday.   

"Dad, are you gonna take a WUN?  Are you?  Are you taking a WUN wight noww?? Ven why are you wearing vose WUNNING shorts and not a SHIRT onnn?".    

"Well dad is going to BBQ in these shorts because.....well... because... because they are really comfortable.. and... because daddy can wear whatever he wants to wear, right?!?  Yeah, I JUST WANT TO OK".    ..............  and it's THIS face that gets you.. EVERY. TIME.

So much of our time is spent on trying to find what is NEXT, and trying to plan for it so that whatever is next doesn't surprise us and catch us off gaurd.  We want that.  We want that control and that stability.  But there's something to be said for seeking to enjoy what is NOW, and to enjoy what is happening TODAY.  Don't get me wrong, there's a huge piece of my life that is planning/organizing/dreaming/wanting/longing.  It's who I am. 

But, that little face over there on the yoga mat is gonna be in highschool someday and I'll be wrecked if I miss out on her, and on NOW because I'm wearing my "next" blinders.  And that little protective snuggler-dude brother.... I've gotta be IN IT with them.  I can't just pray for bedtime to come quickly so I can eat an entire pizza in peace. (although thinking back to a time on JULY 14th, 2014 when that happened.... yikes.)   NO way man.  Somebody slap the crap outta me if I ever start to get that way.  These kids ARE my life.  *que Scottish Braveheart accent*  "I want ta LEVV" 

This MAY have been the most dis-joined blog post of all time, but, its what was on my mind, so pretty much DEAL WITH IT.  I mean, "Blog" stands for "Benevolently Letting Others Gawk", so, gawk away at my disjointed blog. 

Also I should probably figure out what blog really means.


No comments:

Post a Comment