Monday, June 30, 2014

"Life, bro..."

"Life, bro..."   

I've said this approximately 467 times in the last month... to chicks, dudes, kids, doesn't matter.  It's been kind of a weird month.  My training has ramped up and I've never been MORE mentally sure of what I want and what I need to do to get it.  My body is saying, "YES PLEASE", but at the same time I've had a rough last 2 weeks with some nagging foot pain.  I think it's either tendinitis on the top section, or a small bout of metatarsalgia.  Either way, the last 10 days has been anxiety ridden and a little bit of a patience tester.  I'm back at it today, and I feel like I might be out of the woods and headed in the right direction.  One day at a time. 

I've been using this opportunity of some "down" time to put in some strength training and work on core/upper body strength.  My goal this summer is have a body that doesn't look like a 12 year old boy.  I mean, that's a reasonable goal I think, right?  Honestly, I just want to put the effort and energy I have into SOMETHING while I haven't been able to run, and strengthening my core and and upper body has been fun.  I wanna be lean.... but is '..and mean' too much to ask for?

Life outside of running is WHACK too.  Some GOOD things first though: Last week I celebrated my 7 year Anniversary with my beautiful wife, the LIGHT in my life.  What a ride it's been, and what a joy it is to have that ONE person beside you for it that you absolutely can't live a second without.  That's love people, and I am sooo lucky to have her in my corner, on my team, in my life, and entwined in all my fibers from now until forever.


The whack part of life comes when you least expect it.  Liiiiike, 1 hour before this pic was taken, wifey found out she's losing her job.  I know it will work out, and God's plan is WAY perfect, and mine sucks.... so, I'll wait for His to reveal itself.  I'm proud of my wife for the hard work she's put in over the last 10 years and I'm excited to see what comes up.  We had a day or two of attitude adjustments to make, I won't even lie about it.  I was straight up angry.  Annoyed.  Frustrated.  Short-tempered.  Short-sighted.  All of it.  It happens to everyone.  I had to be open with myself about it.  I try so hard to surround myself with only positive people who bring out the best in me and give me great perspective... but I was now feeling like the whiner, and it did NOT feel good.  I had to own it, accept it, and make a conscious choice to move forward with a better attitude.  You know what that is?  That's everyday life... bro.

A few days before she lost her job she said something that we'd realize on our Anniversary would play itself out ironically:

 "When life hands you lemons, trade those suckers in for limes and make some margaritas!"
...I'm putting salt on the rim this week.  Lookout.  It's about to get real.

No comments:

Post a Comment